Star of the Week! FREEBIE

Do you have a Star of the Week?!?


In my class we don't have much time for show and tell, or "sharing" so instead, I opt for a star of the week! It is quick n' easy and both the students and the parents appreciate this sweet little book we make for the star each week.

I have all the students names on colored popsicle sticks and each Friday I pick who will be the Star of the Week for the upcoming week. I also send a little note home to parents asking them to send in a picture of their child and their family to be on display for the week!


Throughout the week, the STAR is my special little helper and my line leader. I like to make them feel extra special all week and they take their weekly duties very seriously!!

Every Thursday morning we take the first 20 minutes of school to sit down and create our star of the week book as a class. The Star gets to color in the cover of the book and complete the "Some Fun Facts" page.

While the star is completing these pages, the rest of the class, including ME, is completing this page:

On Friday, I laminate the front cover and bind the book together before I read it to the class. My oh my, I swear I get teary-eyed at least once a month when I look into the crowd and see my star with the BIGGEST smile on their face as they listen to the nice things their classmates write about them.

I love it!!

And like I said before, it is always a student & parent favorite!

You can get the whole book, including the parent letter at my TPT store {here}.

If you download, I would love for some feedback on my TPT page :)

And major thanks to Nikki (Melonheadz) for the cute clipart, and Michelle (The 3AM Teacher) for the sweet chevron backgrounds!

Catch ya on the flip-side!

15 comments

  1. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to use this booklet with my new class!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come out really cute! I hope your kiddos appreciate them :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Mona!! The books really do come out adorable :) I challenge the students to think of different reasons why the Star is special so we have a good variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done Star of the Week for years! It is a great idea and I need to start doing it again. Great idea! Thanks for the packet.

    Shelly


    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! The kids just feel so special when it is their turn, that's why I loveeee it!

      Delete
  4. I have an oldddd Scholastic (I think?) poster that has some things to fill out about their favorite color, food, etc. It is laminated and I just use a dry-erase marker to fill in the answers each week. That is on the whiteboard too, next to my frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome Hilary! I love doing it and the student feels soooo special that Friday when we read their book - it is adorable! I had a parent from a couple years ago tell me she has the book in her daughter's room with her other favorite bed time stories and they read it from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks friend!! You were so not a bad teacher - now you'll just be an even better one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The warm fuzzy! I love that!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this idea! I would use this idea in my classroom because children need to know that they are special and it may also give them incentive to be the "the star of the week."

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top