READ! My Craftventure

Now, I may have mentioned this before... but "crafting"... yeah... not so good at it. I didn't inherit that gene from my mother, who just happens to be a master seamstress/crafter extraordinaire.

That being said, I decided to put on my big girl pants and head over to Hobby Lobby.

E-GADS!

Fabrics, paints, furniture, doodads. WHAT IS THIS PLACE!?!

I didn't even know where to begin or what half the stuff was... but I was on a mission!

I had seen these READ letters all over the blog-o-world and it seemed like a craft I could tackle. I mean... buy 4 letters, paint them... c'mon Susan, you can do this.
So, I did it!

My inspiration:

{Melissa & Nicole @ Lesson Plan SOS}



And now... after many mishaps and re-dos...
Drumroll please........

TAH DAH!
Yeah, that's right, black-on-black chevron! [Of course, this happened on accident, after trying to cover up a mistake lol, but I ended up liking it!]

I'm probably supposed to explain how I did this, but all I did was buy the letters and the round wood pieces, paint them, and glue them together.
EZ-PZ lemon squeezy!

Also... the A & D look like the same color in the pictures, buttttt they aren't. The A is way more tealish green and the D is blue.

There we have it. 
My first CRAFTVENTURE and I have to say... it wasn't so bad!

Now I'm off to check out all the other marvelous crafts!
Link up with Tara and show me what you've got!


14 comments

  1. Hi Susan,

    Well done! They're very eye-catching!

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know right? I swear I was so confused in Hobby Lobby... I just don't have that natural born *crafting* thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashley! I know I consider myself to be pretty computer savvy... and I can even doodle a bit, but yikes.. I'm not a "natural" crafter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out great! I'm not so crafty, so I know how you feel.
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...I know what I'm buying next time I go to Hobby Lobby! I love this idea!

    Cheryl
    Spotted Around the School

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DID IT!!!!!!!!! Just barely... I almost quit about 4 times. Thanks Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the follow. Love the read signs you made. They turned out really cool. Would love to see how they look in your classroom.

    ilive2learnilove2grow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I need to make these, too!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top