Spread the Holiday Cheer with Stocking Stuffers!

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!!!!

The holiday bug has officially bitten me and I am counting down the days until Christmas back east with the family! This will be the first year that Parks and I are spending the holiday together :)

We have 3 more weeks at school and I have my schedule jam-packed with fun, holiday activities to keep my students engaged and learning! Last year, I created a "stocking stuffer" class activity that I did to spread the holiday cheer before we went off to break. This year, my group of students reallllllyyyyy need some community-building so I spruced it up a little bit and turned it into a freebie for you!


Essentially students create this quick n' easy stocking craft:
I put a little envelope under each stocking and hang these up on the wall right outside our classroom. Over the next few weeks, my students will use free time (Daily 5 - work on writing??? or those extra few minutes before/after lunch) and write one another notes! We secretly put them in the envelopes and I make sure the students know they aren't allowed to read their notes until right before break! Of course, I write them each a cheerful note and put in their envelope so they can remember how much Ms. Moran appreciates them as well. 

:)

I encourage each student to try and write a note for every.single.classmate before the break gets here. When we have our holiday party, we take our stockings off the wall and read our lovely notes! It is a such a fun, *feel-good* activity to remember how much we appreciate each other before the holidays!

I hope you enjoy the freebie and the next few weeks of fun before your break!

24 comments

  1. Love the freebie! Thank you so much. Classroom community is so important.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Tania! It is so important and my kids need it more than ever this year.... I hope this helps!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the freebie! What a great way to make writing fun and spread good cheer. I am hoping you might be able to squeeze one more project into this busy month. I am new to blogging and am trying to organize a Winter Wonderland Exchange Project with teachers from all over the country. I am hoping you will consider joining the fun. Please head over to fristgradecarousel.blogspot.com for more info. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also really need community building this year...so we will be doing this starting Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps Suzy! I am hoping it works some wonders in my class!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the great freebie! My kiddos have been wanting to write notes - this will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you came by at just the right time!! I hope they love it!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing! What a great way to combine two critical skills in the life of a growing child: writing and kindness. Can't wait to build community with this activity :)

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helps in your classroom! Thanks for stopping by Lindsay!

      Delete
  6. You are very welcome, Karyn! I am so glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa! Hope your kids like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend, Denise, over at "Sunny Days in 2nd Grade" thought to print some stockings on blue construction paper for your Hanukkah friends! A snowflake or mailbox would work great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Fern, I love linking up with TBA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica, you are fabulous for leaving that sweet comment :) I was feeling the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this! It's definitely something I'll be able to use.
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top