Currently! & Classroom Updates

First and foremost, I am linking up with the hilarious Farley, over at Oh Boy it's Fourth Grade for the August currently:
Not much explanation needed here, except that I am excited to try on wedding dresses too, don't get me wrong.... but in front of my friends and family.... everyone looking and giving me their opinion... mehhhhh... we'll see how it goes!

Go link up with Farley so I can read what YOU are doing!

Onto some classroom pics!

For those of you who saw my last post with pics, I was debating my little behavior owl... and rightfully so, because I walked into my classroom today and HATED him!

And ladies and gentlemen, hate, is a strong word.

So I changed it and I am SO much happier!
 I LOVE him now and love is stronger than hate.
[The actual behavior chart can be found HERE]

My whole reading area is now mostly complete!
 My reading corner! (Aka about 1/4th the size of my room)

My book stand for themed books. Right now it is filled with back to school books! My little green treasure chest was only $5 from Walmart & holds my big books just perfectly.

Other view, with my classroom library all organized, but still in need of labels!
The rugs are from Big Lots - $19 a pop, I bought 2!

My students' individual book bins from the Dollar Tree. 
On the mini-board will be student's recommendations of great books to read!
Oh, and the letters above are new letters I made with scrapbook paper.
I had previously painted other ones. but they didn't survive the first round of moving.

This is my awesome work area! I am kinda obsessed! 
I used square frames from Michaels and found some cuter than cute scrapbook paper to go inside each one. Once there is some AMAZING work - it will be featured beautifully!
I just need to make a header for this display... I'm still thinking of a good one.

The beginning of my word wall.
Still need to add header, days of the week & number words!

Andddd....
 This big empty wall is what I am tackling tomorrow!
Focus wall, maybe?!?!?

Whaddya think?!?
 

24 comments

  1. Hi Susan - I just realized when I read your Currently that coffee should have been on my list of must haves. BTW your class looks fantastic, wish I were that ready, I am lovin those colored baskets. Good luck trying on dresses:)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee is a MUST!! Thanks for the good luck - I'll need it!

      Delete
  2. I adore your owl!!! I am doing an owl theme this year and I want him but I have no creativity or artistic talent. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamara!! I am sure you can look up a cute owl template for your room ;)

      Delete
  3. Your owl turned out so cute and your room is looking so good! I love your Walmart treasure chest!!! Did you find that this year and in what section of Walmart? Did they have other colors?
    Crystal
    Ms. Jones’ Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Crystal!

      It was near the kids furniture and YES there were 4 colors, this green, pink, blue... anndddd I can't remember the other one but I think red. And for 5$ I had to get it!!

      Delete
  4. I love those baskets too! They seem like pretty good quality too, especially for only $1! We'll see how they last me throughout the year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your library area is my favorite. I love how bright and cheerful the baskets & rug are. You have done a fabulous job!!
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's the eyes too!! I don't know EXACTLY what is was but it was driving me crazyyyy - I had to make a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monday already!?? EEEK!! Thanks for the kind words - good luck at school!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sandi!! Let's hope those rugs last!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, wouldn't that be great Lisa?!? OMG I go crazy because I just sit there and stare at everything.... and fixate on the littlest things... I can't get anything done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great minds think alike, Susan; I have those same baskets from the Dollar Tree, but I'm using them in my library! I hope you find they hold books a little better than I am finding right now...some of my books just simply won't fit right:( They sure are pretty, though:)
    And I definitely think you should have a focus wall in that space...I'm thinking of adding one as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was worried about their size too, but since these are their individual book bins, all of our guided reading books and leveled books are pretty small and they fit perfectly - phewf!

      I think it will be a focus wall!! Now I gotta get my butt to school!

      Delete
  11. Thanks Sara!! What would work be without friends?!?! Sometimes you just NEED some adult talk lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having friends at work makes life SO much better, doesn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your rugs and your book bins from the Dollar Tree and they would match my classroom so well! I may have to take a trip this week :) Also, don't stress about trying on dresses...the feeling you get when you find the right one is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome!! Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used some extra border since I didn't have ribbon, but I am sure ribbon would work fine! I also printed the levels on cardstock and then laminated them so I am hoping they will last throughout the year - we will see lol!

    Thank you so much for your kind words!!! They mean a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top