New Look & My Blog Name!

First and foremost say hello to my new look!!!

If you have been a follower for awhile, then you may recognize that header above. It certainly has an updated look, but I wanted it back! It is just too much fun!

For those of you who don't know, my hubs, Parker, is a blog designer on the side. Which is pretty awesome since he can re-do my blog whenever I want :)

A little more about Parks:

What do you think of the new look?!

As far as my blog name goes, I wanted to share why I chose Thank God it's First Grade (TGIF!) as my blog name. For one, I can tell you I didn't think much about "searchablilty" because obviously "TGIF" isn't the easiest search term to find a 1st grade blog.... woops!

You know that excited relief you get every Friday?! Heck, I even get it Thursday afternoon! That "I can do it... there's only one more day before a glorious weekend" type of feeling?? Well, I quite enjoy that feeling and when I found out 4 years ago that I was going to be teaching 1st grade, I had that SAME feeling. 

I had wanted to teach 1st grade since my 3rd year in college. I just loved those little first graders, I loved the growth they showed, and I even loved the restlessness of their crazy lil selves at the beginning of the year. So when I found out that I could teach my dream grade, I felt an excited relief! I could do it! It was my first year teaching, but I knew I could teach those first graders. I felt that TGIF feeling my second and third year when my principal wanted to keep me in 1st grade and I REALLY felt it this year, when I got a new job, LAST minute, in first grade!

THANK GOD IT'S FIRST GRADE! 
Ahhh... it feels good just to say.

Now, I also realize that if I were really to shorten it would be TGIFG... but c'mon now... that just looks silly ;)

So there you have it! I hope you like the new look because this one will be around for awhile!

By the way, Thank God it's Friday!

1 comment

Back to Top