Will you be my bridesmaid???

Thank God for Pinterest.

I must say I am a lucky, lucky gal to be getting married in the post-Pinterest world. Other people and their creativity amaze me. They also make me jealous.

I have officially been engaged for over a year and I can FINALLY say that I am getting married this year!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

I saw these on Pinterest about a year ago and I knew I wanted to put my own twist on these adorable boxes!

Here is my take:
 3 of my 4 bridesmaids live back east and I don't get to see them that often, so I wanted to make sure I had these done for Christmas! They all knew they were in my wedding, but I hadn't "officially" asked them yet.
 
[Outside]:
I bought the boxes at Michaels (super cheap - like $5 each) over the summer and painted each of them with a flower and my bridesmaids' initials. My base wedding color is navy and my accent colors are orange, yellow, and coral! I think it'll be perfect for my September 20th wedding.
[Inside]:
First, I used my handy-dandy glue gun to line the top and bottom of the boxes with 2 different fabric squares. Inside each box were the following:
Nail Polish - OPI Mimosas for the Mr. and Mrs. (what I will be wearing on the big day)
Orbit gum - for fresh breath
Bracelet - matching bracelets from Francesca's
Dress - example picture; the girls are all picking the style that will look best on them
Personal nick-knack - Each item reflects my main ladies' personalities! Tina: Owl air fresheners for her new car, Kathleen: key cap! She will be getting her license soon and will be sporting a new ring of keys at all times, Shayla: eat, drink, and be merry wine opener, Romanda: mustache iPhone cover!
Wedding Cards - I stole the titles right from my inspiration and tweaked each card to make it fit for my maids! The text on each card is below.
 
The Big Day:
Parker and I are getting married!!
We will be tying the knot at {blablablabla - address disclosed}.
Our wedding ceremony will take place on
Friday, September 20, 2013.
More details about the day to come
for now, just remember this date!
xoxo

The Dresses:
Each of you are uniquely beautiful and my main requirement for attire is that you feel comfortable and gorgeous. Who is better to pick out your dress, than you?!
I have made it easy for you because I have already picked the color, length and fabric:
Navy, short, & silk chiffon from JCrew.!
You can go online to their wedding website and pick whichever one suits you best.
 
The Girls:
Kristina, my amazing younger sister, who makes me laugh more than anyone in the world! {Maid of honor}
Kathleen, my youngest sister, who is growing into a beautiful young woman right in front of my eyes! {Maid of honor}.
Shayla, my oldest, dearest, and bestest friend who I share so many of my favorite memories with! {Bridesmaid}
Romanda, my soon-to-be sister in law, who I look up to in so many ways as a smart, independent woman! {Bridesmaid}
I love all of you so much and I cannot wait to celebrate this day with you!

Your Role:
I know weddings can wind up being a lot of work for bridesmaids. I don’t want that to be the case. Do not worry about bridal showers, bachelorette parties, gifts, etc. I truly only have one wish… that you are present on this very special day in my life.
I want you to…
enjoy this day with close family and friends.
look and feel beautiful.
wipe away all my happy tears.
understand how much your presence is appreciated.
What I am trying to say is…
Will you be in my wedding?!

Lots more decisions were made for the wedding including our menu: 4 courses, all delicious and New England/Fall themed! The honeymoon destination is also decided - now we just have to hammer out travel details and payments! Should I call a travel agent or just book online?!? I have never used a travel agent before... but I also don't travel that often! More details with wedding planning to come!

Happy 2013!!

31 comments

  1. This is seriously the most adorable thing ever! You are so sweet to put so much time into asking your ladies!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and thoughtful keepsake you have made for each of your bridesmaids! Thank you for sharing your creativity!
    P.S. I am totes jealous you are getting married with Pinterest! I was the first of my friends to get married and I had NO clue what I was doing! But, it was fun and we're married. I guess that's all that matters :)
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all that matters!!! If it weren't for Pinterest I would basically just show up, say yes, and be done with it! Ha!

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous of all of you Pinterest brides! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I am jealous of all the people creating these ideas in the first place - SO creative!!!

      Delete
  4. That is a cute, cute, cute idea! I'm sure they will love your thoughtfulness!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! Haha, I am a pinterest bride as well! My date is set for October 12th of this year and I am soo excited. I bought candy ring pops for my girls and but them in plastic containers with a tag that said, "Now It's My turn to Pop the Question. Will you be my bridesmaid?" :) The girls loved them. Where are you thinking for your honeymoon? we're booking through my fiance's cousin who works through apple (i would say go with an agent opposed to online) and we're traveling to riviera maya for a week. Ecstatic! These are really cute though and good luck with the planning! :D

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ring pops!!! So cute! We will be getting married around the same time! I am calling a travel agent this weekend to get ours booked - wahoo! Have an AMAZING year, Sarah!

      Delete
  6. I'm getting married in July and my colors are navy and yellow too!! And super cute way to ask your friends and family to be in your wedding! I wish I had thought of that :)
    Happy planning!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! And TOTALLY agree with Nicole! So jealous... Pinterest was definitely not around when I got married- so many things we could've done!! I hope everything goes fabulously!!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a small downside to being a Pinterest bride..... now that I know what other amazing (crazy) brides are doing, I feel like I have to do it too!!!

      Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

      Delete
  8. LOVE it! Hope your wedding planning is a happy, happy time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS- If and when I ever get married, I'm pinning these ideas now. :)

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a CUTE idea! I wish I was on Pinterest before my wedding last year, I had to come up with ideas the old fashioned way. Great wedding weekend.. my hubby and I were married in September last year!

    Cyndi
    Lacy's Letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September is perfect for a wedding and I am sure you did just fine without Pinterest!! I have a hard time coming up with those types of ideas all on my own!

      Delete
  11. That is so adorable. Pinterest is the best for sure. Very cute!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, yahhh... I had one of those dresses as well... hopefully this works for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Rikki! We are calling a travel agent this weekend to book it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Chrissy! I think they liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO MUCH TO DO!!!! ha! I think I will enjoy it, but yikes! Thanks for stopping by Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uhh, yes Mrs. Cupcake - I am sure you did!!!! You are one of those amazing people I am jealous of!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much! I hope it is just as wonderful as I imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha - you're so close!!! I grew up in Salem and went to school in Danvers! Plus, my entire family is there so I thought it would be the perfect place :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha, I know just how lucky I am, Lindsay - I am soooo not creative when it comes to things like this!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top