Writing Through the Seasons {Fall & Winter}

Happy Veteran's Day!!

I am so excited to share my 2 latest and greatest packs with you. Let me just dive write in!

I love teaching writing. If you have read previous posts, you know that back in the day, I was horrible at teaching writing. HO-RRI-BLE. Now, I love it! I have just made two common core aligned writing packets to help your students become better writers through the seasons Fall and Winter!


 In each packet, there are fun narrative, informative, and opinion prompts with graphic organizers and writing templates! 

Here are a few of my fave parts from my Fall unit:

 {Roll-a-Story}
Characters and setting version:
This is such a fun, easy writing center, where students roll a character and a setting (page not shown) and write a silly narrative using the two. The students' stories get pretty darn creative!

These are just a few of many different writing prompts & activities!

Some favorites from my Winter pack:


 {Roll-a-Story}
Problem and solution version:
Step 2 - even more creativity involved! Students roll either a problem and come up with a narrative with a fitting solution, or students can roll a solution and come up with the problem. Another great writing center!

Some more prompts and a fun how-to craft!
I send home a packet of hot cocoa and the brainstorming sheet for homework the night before my students complete this activity!
You can snag both my Fall and Winter packs for 20% off all day today and tomorrow! They are available in both my TPT store and my TN store!


Now, I am off to enjoy the rest of my day off!

P.S.

Check out my new Writing Through the Seasons {Spring} pack!






10 comments

  1. Your writing packs are so cute!! I love the hot cocoa one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Putting in my shopping cart and buying RIGHT now!! Thanks, as always, Susan, for being absolutely amaaaazing!!!
    Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you are WAY too good to me!! I <3 ya!!! and I hope your kids like them!!

      Delete
  3. These packs are adorable! I know my class will love them. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PINNING!!!!!! These writing packs are perfect for my class. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas, I love the roll a story idea. I can't wait to see your Spring packets. Shine on girl.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy!! I always get a big smile on my face when I see you have commented :)

      Delete
  5. These are absolutely awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and amazing and awesome and---how many more adjectives can I use? :) Pinning this awesomeness!!
    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Just stopped by to say I LOVE your writing packs & I just gave you a shout out on my blog!

    Brenda
    Primary Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top