A Little Saturday Catch Up!

Well folks, this momma has to go back to school on Monday.

It has been the most amazing past 4.5 months of my entire life and I have all sorts of mixed emotions about going back.



I love my baby boy, but I am SO ready to have a schedule... a routine... an adult life again (even though most of my day will be spent with 6 year olds - ha!)

I am also dreading that my day away from home is so long. My school hours are 730-330 and I work about an hour from home. Which means if I would like to go to the gym and try to lose any of this baby weight I get to choose between leaving my house at 430am or not getting home until about 6pm. UGH!

I am nervous AND excited that my hubs is going to be stay-at-home daddy. They are already the best of friends and I know they will be so fricken cute together, but I also know he will be exhausted and I will be exhausted and with all these changes going on, we will likely be buttin' heads. 

Lastly, I am SUPER excited to share a look inside my classroom with you all again!! That is something I genuinely miss doing. I will be snapping pictures, playing catch up, and sharing our fun times in room 102.

With all these fun changes going on, Parks and I also decided it was the perfect time to buy our first house! Ha! So many changes in a such a short amount of time. Life is always crazy over here... and that's the way we like to keep it ;)

Here is a looksie at our new home! It is currently getting finished and we picked out cabinet colors and granite colors and all that fun stuff. We move in April!



I also have a product that has been in my head for 2 years, slowly getting worked on in my computer for a year... and will FINALLY be getting finished soon after some trial in my classroom. I am so, so, so excited about this one:


We have done a *few* of these in my classroom over the past couple years and I have since been trying to make more. They are higher level thinking tasks that require multi-steps, higher level thinking, and some require teamwork. My students put their brains together and solve real life tasks using the math skills they have already learned. I will definitely be sharing more as I finish this up!

See y'all soon with some 1st grade fun!

4 comments

  1. Good luck getting back into school life! Your hubby just finished designing my blog and did such an amazing job, I had no idea he was going to be a stay at home daddy! Your little man is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely precious little guy!! I know what you mean about having mixed emotions about it all:) I couldn't wait to get to work after my 2nd son, but missed him dearly when I was with my other "kiddos" ! Good luck with all the changes, and can't wait for classroom updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby boy is just so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new house! It's beautiful! Good luck heading back to school (I think it was one of the hardest days of my life when I went back after having my little one). I'm sure your students will be thrilled to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top