Free Consonant Blends Game!

After a little phonics screening this past week, I realized a good chunk of my kiddos were STUCK on blends. They were having trouble reading both beginning and ending consonant blends. I created a fun little game which I introduced on Friday and my kids loved it!

Here it is in action:






The premise:
Each student receives a blends spinner. They take turns spinning and their job is to create a real word using their blend and a word ending from the game board. When they find one, they cover it with their color cube! Once all the boxes are covered (which takes quite a while), students count their cubes up and see who has the most! While they are trying to find a real word, they are practicing a bunch of nonsense blend words along the way!

I uploaded the file to googledocs so I thought I would share it for free!
Just click below to grab it:


I am also prepping a bunch of activities from my Tricky Sticky Blends pack to help my struggling readers this week!

Hoping everyone has a great weekend :) I am enjoying this 40 degree weather here in Boston, which believe it or not, feels really, really warm!

4 comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! This is exactly what I have been needing for some of my kiddos. They are needing some more practice and love a good game and I love that they don't even realize that they are working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kiddos in my class will enjoy playing this game! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun game! And so easy to prep :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top