What we're up to this week...

First off, let me say a big THANK YOU to all my new followers :) I am now blogging to real people instead of just the wide... open... scary... internet world.

Our butterflies hatched over the weekend and my kids could not contain their excitement! I found this fun life cycle project on Pinterest which was loads of fun to make. It was originally posted here on Somewhat Simple, but when I look now the pictures are gone :( The directions are still there though!
After we made the pasta version, the kids drew the life cycle with the names of each stage in their Butterfly Observation Booklet, so I could grade it.

We also started some of our Mother's Day activities. We are finishing up poetry and we made list poems about our moms. After looking through them, I had the kiddos put them into a heart shape and highlight 5 of the most significant adjectives that describe their moms. I love that this student wrote "the boss" and highlighted it! Hilarious! Oh, and... he wrote huge in the bottom right corner, lol.

We are also learning the 3 sounds of ed! Tricky for 1st graders, but they are doing great! I made this fun little board game that is in my new Swimming into Summer packet. My students played it today and loved it!

That's what we're doing in Room 41B! What are you up to?!

And again, thank you for the sweet comments! I really appreciate it :)

Have a great night!

Susan

No comments

Back to Top